Sunday, March 18, 2012

Don't Stop 'til You Get Enough






Today I went with my boys to a birthday party at a bowling alley while my husband got some space to get in the zone on his fantasy baseball draft. 


I enjoyed chatting with parents and playing arcade games with my kids--lots of fun, and no shoptalk about PTA with the folks that were there from our school.  


But then, out of the corner of my eye, I noticed that the party next to us were serving juice pouches. 


Juice pouches. When I see juice pouches, I see money. Regular mom one moment, fundraising fanatic the next.


You see, our school participates in Terracycle, a program that pays money for hard-to-recycle items like juice pouches and chip bags. 


We get two cents per pouch--oh yeah, baby! You're looking at the 16 cents I scored at the bowling alley by grabbing pouches from someone else's party. 


At least I restrained myself from digging through the garbage.



1 comment: